Brett Anderson
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Threads:  Previous Next
FILMSTARS WANTED
Posted by: Simon Gilbert
Date: March 02, 2009 04:43AM
Hello
As you probably know I am in the process of getting the Suede movie together...
Production is to start in a month or two..
and I would love to include..YOU LOT...in the film too..

I am asking you to send in a small movie of your experiences with Suede, did you see us live? did you meet us?
I would also like to know what Suede meant to you at the time..and Now?.. The most interesting will be used in the making of the film..

Thank you

Each movie (Avi/Mov/mpg) should be no bigger than 2mb please and sent to:

suedefilm@rehabisfab.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/03/2009 12:53PM by Temersa.
Re: FILMSTARS WANTED
Date: March 02, 2009 05:11AM
STOP PRESS....

THAT SHOULD HAVE READ ..NO BIGGER THAN 4 Mb

Thanks.
Posted by: translucent
Date: March 02, 2009 11:05PM
:). would you like an opinion of an american who got into suede after they broke up. might not be the fan you were thinking of but i could offer you a pretty good outsider opinion.

despair
Suede made me gay.
Posted by: NCHaze
Date: March 03, 2009 02:04AM
Alas. If I had a video recorder I could probably make something perfect for you, Simon. But I am a technophobe who can't afford technology, anyway.

Good luck, man. I'll be interested in seeing this when you're done.

NC

"I am not an American. I am the American."
Posted by: translucent
Date: March 03, 2009 04:22AM
im gonna make one i think. i mean why not

despair
Date: March 03, 2009 05:41AM
Yes please do..I want all angles and opinions

thanks
Simon
Posted by: Yo Blair!
Date: March 03, 2009 10:09AM
Masochist.

Mean? That's not mean. No, no, no. Mean is when I made my childhood sweetheart ride her bike home after I ass-fucked her behind the tennis courts
Posted by: Joe Col
Date: March 03, 2009 04:45PM
Wish I had a video cam.
I could relate the story of how me, my brother & a former friend walked into what we thought was the mens room at the Supper Club in NYC but what turned out to be your private bathroom area. Brett was getting ready for the gig while you were ... dropping a deuce in the stall. Got a hilarious "Do you mind?!?" from behind the stall when Brett said "Simon's in the stall having a shit," or something like that. Must say, you guys were quite kind for allowing us to use the facilities. You could have easily had security tell us to fuck off, but didn't. Thanks for that.
I should get a camera just to do this ... I could wear my "Coming Up" tour T-Shirt. Still fits perfectly & looks great. Must say, was good quality gear you guys put out.

"Dear Casey, Your voice is like butter to our ears. Can you please find a way to get that audible chocolate on the air waves."
Posted by: autographic
Date: March 04, 2009 12:32AM
so many american filmstars,,,simon you might have to make a separate u.s. version for all of us..
Date: March 04, 2009 01:31AM
Joe Col Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Wish I had a video cam.

Me too. I'd love to make a video for this. I came out of the closet to my mom by playing 'Modern Boys' to her. I named my first dog, the love of my life, Suede. I'd have loads of stories for this thing and a great perspective as a US fan / college radio DJ who got mildly famous in his college town just by playing Suede. (A guy at the local video store gave me free rentals my entire time in college just for turning him onto Dog Man Star via my radio show.) I just do not have a damn video cam. I may see if I could borrow one, 'cause I'd love to submit something for this. It'd be funny, too, goddamnit. Funniest one of the lot, I'd bet.

NC

Posted by: Jackie
Date: March 04, 2009 01:47AM
why don't you send him a sound-file and some photos and he may weave it into his own picture material. I'm going to do that myself and tell him that the tour manager let me in the venue as the roadies were setting up the stage so I spent a whole afternoon in awe looking at the stage, being built up, the instruments unpacked and saw them rehearsing a song. Alex Lee was totally charming, Brett was nice and I met Mat, Neil and Simon after Suede finished when they were doing their various projects. I didn't expect them to be so nice because the songs are dark but because they were so nice, this gave me a good reason to continue checking out their individual projects out after Suede finished.
Date: March 04, 2009 01:51AM
I'd have a few good stories and a nice Dutch accent lol :)) But I'm not putting myself on videotape, even if it was just because I don't have the equipment. It would be kinda nice, I could *pose* in front of a giant Brett solo poster. With as punchline: 'the end of something is always the beginning of something new.' Nah...

Date: March 04, 2009 03:08AM
MOBILE PHONE VIDS ARE WELCOME TOO.if Not PREFERRED..!!

thanks
Date: March 04, 2009 03:26AM
Simon Gilbert Wrote:
> MOBILE PHONE VIDS ARE WELCOME TOO.if Not
> PREFERRED..!!
>
> thanks

THAT I may be able to do. I have a couple of friends with mobiles that have video recorders.

Simon, what is the deadline on this?

And thanks. For what its worth, you and your band had a big part in me changing my life entirely and facing up to who I really was. I'd love to offer a testimonial about it for posterity's sake. One day I will be a world-famous prize-winning novelist, and you guys should have it documented that you guys played a huge role in my teenage development. I've been following since 1993, man...

NC

Posted by: Tuluum
Date: March 04, 2009 04:52AM
guessing there wouldn't be too many caribbean chicas ? ... hmm... may have to try to get over my camera phobias...

TriniGourmet.com
[www.TriniGourmet.com]
Date: March 04, 2009 05:16AM
I HAVE gotten over my camera phobia (as far as I had one) and sent in a film. Though I must warn you, whatever of those formats you choose to submit it in, I didn't manage to make it any longer than 15 seconds, otherwise it would be too big. Asks for a short energetic performance thus !

Posted by: PopForce
Date: March 04, 2009 06:45AM
Tuluum Wrote:
> guessing there wouldn't be too many caribbean
> chicas ? ... hmm... may have to try to get over my
> camera phobias...
>
> ***
>
> TriniGourmet.com
>

Maybe you should pretend you're on the radio ;)
Posted by: Tuluum
Date: March 04, 2009 07:08AM
Actually, that kinda helps :)

TriniGourmet.com
[www.TriniGourmet.com]
Date: March 04, 2009 10:00AM
shaky audience-shot cam footage and mobile phone talking head clips of fans?? Hope what we've seen already/been asked to provide are fillers for the DVD extras, else the term 'movie' might be a tad ambitious?

forgive me for being sceptical, but suede on film haven't historically been trailblazers... the failure to release L&P on DVD, releasing ItB on DVD but not digitalising or remastering it (just a straightforward video-to-disc transfer).... only LiTV comes anywhere close to representing a bundle of quality goodies and insight.

That said, this will hopefully be the platform that finally airs some of the ICA footage and won't airbrush over the final few months culminating in the final gigs when the band were technically on fire.

Mean? That's not mean. No, no, no. Mean is when I made my childhood sweetheart ride her bike home after I ass-fucked her behind the tennis courts
Date: March 04, 2009 11:32AM
Thanks To Fiona...thats perfect Just what I am after...

By the way you can always send in ore than one film...I can join them together..
thanks alot to evryone who posts a film...its going to be great!!!

Sx
Posted by: Anonymous User
Date: March 04, 2009 11:57AM
hi simon,
may i ask you if the movie will include shots of the early stages of the band?
thank you and good luck with the movie.
Date: March 04, 2009 12:02PM
yes it will..
Date: March 04, 2009 12:05PM
who's doing the soundtrack Simon?

Date: March 04, 2009 12:06PM
also, will there be any footage of Richard SINCE 2003?

Date: March 04, 2009 01:04PM
Yo Blair! Wrote:
> who's doing the soundtrack Simon?

seeing as it's a suede film - blur, obviously.
Date: March 04, 2009 01:28PM
I do hope people here will contribute but I would also suggest getting the testimony of other fans/lapsed fans. I think the people that visit here (myself included) are a bit atypical in a few ways, and to fill out the Suede story from a fan perspective should probably involve somehow making contact with those on the baleful fringes as well as the pop kids who jumped on the bandwagon while it was going fast and hopped off later.

In terms of how to do this..maybe give a couple of hundred quid to a trusted London person to rent a decent camera and set up shop one evening in a club night where Suede refugees may congregate. Are Trash and Stay Beautiful still going? Feeling Gloomy probably has some former fans too.

It will be interesting to see how this turns out and I think it is good to get fan and former fan input. In a way I tend to think Suede was about fandom in a lot of ways in terms of innocence and sincerity of passion, the first flush of love or other new things. Escapism. And the biggest Suede fans seemed to be in Suede.

Posted by: spank
Date: March 04, 2009 02:58PM
Really looking forward to that film. I will try to sort out my memories from the show at the Green Tent in Roskilde 1995 and send. The energy at that gig was insane. One of my favorite gigs ever.

Simon. You probably know about this but have you ever gotten any films from C Adams? I know he and some other guy filmed your early gigs with permission (often from the photographers pit 1992-1994). They are great to watch and very steady...perhaps some clips would be fun to include in-between more professionally filmed stuff. PM me if interested in a list of all the Suede shows he filmed.

"If I could dedicate six months of my life to one thing, would it be somebody who's doing something that's interesting and totally new – or something that reflects what I did 15 years ago? You couldn't possibly be a human being and be motivated by that." /Bernard Butler
Date: March 04, 2009 05:30PM
hey spank please send me a list of the early gigs you have...thanks
Simon
Date: March 04, 2009 05:32PM
poor spank.... I bet his PM folder is full of begging requests from the minions now!

Posted by: spank
Date: March 04, 2009 10:30PM
Yo Blair! Wrote:
> poor spank.... I bet his PM folder is full of
> begging requests from the minions now!

Nah...I only have film on old VHS and no spare time to copy anything for anyone unless it's for this noble cause. I doubt anything I have on my old VHS tapes will impress Simon. He's probably got the lot anyways. But it doesn't do any harm asking if one could be of assistance, does it? As an old collector I'm quite looking forward to this movie.

"If I could dedicate six months of my life to one thing, would it be somebody who's doing something that's interesting and totally new – or something that reflects what I did 15 years ago? You couldn't possibly be a human being and be motivated by that." /Bernard Butler
Pages:  1 2 3 Next

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. Click here to login

This forum powered by Phorum.